CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Noisy Hub(s)

OynxSTS

I've read a fair bit on this site about the noises that the front hubs make when they wear out. Let me thank you all in advance!

And since my CD Changer is inoperative for the time being; I’ve been driving with the radio off and wouldn’t you know it… Straight down the road it’s silent… But on both left and right turns “swish swish swish” the faster you go around a corner the faster and louder the swishing… Also when it's cold there is a slight trammeling that I though was due to the almost shot Badyears… This goes away after the tires (hubs?) warm up…

But hang on, the car has only 45,000 Miles on it…Could I have a bad hub so soon? Most of the other posts had bad hubs around 70-90K…

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Hey Greg,

I had a shot bearing and assembly at about 30,000. Here's the surprise. I had to take the car to "My" mechenic, put it up on the hoist and lo and behold, wiggley wheel. Only then did the dealer change it after I told them I just had it up on a hoist two blocks over.

Find a hoist and give your wheels a wiggle. The dealer won't unless your warrentee is up.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

A realitive of myn had a 95 STS that used to do this but it had 108,000 miles I would not excpect it as much from a car with 45,000 miles. When He was takeing turns it would make a load growling noise.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

The dealer won't unless your warrentee is up.

Thanks Rick, very interesting...

I'm not sure it is the hubs and will take a second look to see what's rubbing...

But what is with the dealers in our neck of the woods! Holly Crap... Mine refuses to acknowledge (or investigate) any issue with the car that I can’t prove at that very second. (even ones I can prove get a "ho-hum" responce)

I’ve owned several GMs over the years, mostly new or new used (i.e. still under factory warrantee) and I have never experienced this level of run-around. When I had my 90.5 Allante (about 10 years ago) the service I got was the exact opposite. When I took it in for a master cylinder issue, I got the car back with the quarter windows fitting better, the tires rotated and a missing trim piece replaced for free, without ever mentioning it. The parts manager even found me a factory Allante gold key chain and a set of gold key blanks and gave them to me for free! It was that level of service and support that made me decide to get another Caddy instead of a Lexus (or whatever)

Has something changed in the last 5 or so years with how GM compensates their dealers for warrantee work? Why do they seem so reluctant to do it?

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived