CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Deville Horn Tooting Woes

theGman

My 93 Sedan deVille has always been very hard to toot! You have to search around the wheel area to find the right tooting spot. Now it doesn't toot at all.

A friend had bought the exact same year and model; his horn tooter is also toot challenged.

This seems to be more common than just with our vehicle. Hard to find the spot with that air bag there.

Does anyone know what is happening in the steering wheel area to cause this?

Is it difficult to disable the air bag?

Just curious,

Paul

I also find it difficult to hoot the horn on my 93 STS. But I hardly use it anyway!! I would rather it be hard to hoot then it be really sensitive.......... Sorry I couldn;t help. Good luck! :rolleyes:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

My freind also has a 93 Yenko and his horn is very hard to honk maybe it was a problem that year if your DeVille is also a 93????????? But I have no suggestions for you! lol :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

My 93 Sedan deVille has always been very hard to toot! You have to search around the wheel area to find the right tooting spot. Now it doesn't toot at all.

A friend had bought the exact same year and model; his horn tooter is also toot challenged.

This seems to be more common than just with our vehicle. Hard to find the spot with that air bag there.

Does anyone know what is happening in the steering wheel area to cause this?

Is it difficult to disable the air bag?

Just curious,

Paul

Before disassembling the steering wheel cover, I would advise removing each horn and adjusting them. The most common cause of a horn not working is the contact sticking in the horn itself. The horns can be adjusted with ease.

One horn is behind the battery, and one is in the right front corner of the front fender; access it from below. Each has a simple electrical connector and is held on with one small bolt.

After horn is removed, clamp in vise if available.

Have a 12v power source available; a battery charger or jumpers from the car will work.

Attach the ground to any part of the horn.

Briefly touch the positive lead to the connection.

Rotate the adjusting screw in small increments (1/8 turn), until it has the best tone.

Put back on car the horns should work easy now.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived