CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Escalade Air Intake System

Hud

I just installed an air intake system on my wife's Escalade. There has been much wrritten on this forum about these systems on the STS/SLS/DTS etc., but I had to try it. Considering the weight of the vehicle, it tended to strain during acceleration, but after the installation, that went away and it accelerates somewhat better. I plan to take it to Las Vegas next month instead of my DTS to check the mileage on a long trip. If anyone on this board owns an Escalade, so far, I think it's worth the investment. I plan to change the muffler next.

I think you'll see the most benefit with the muffler also. What brand intake system did you use?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I used an Airaid system purchased from Summit. Going to look for a muffler replacement today if there is anything open.

Is Airaid the brand that uses a completely closed airbox design, similar to the factory setup? I've seen that design around (not sure if it's Airaid or not) and I really like that design.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jason,

Airaid makes both a completely closed airbox design and an open tube type(I think thats the correct name). The only one they had for the Escalade was the tube type. So far, I'm pleased with the performance gain from it.

Archived