CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

When I had a viper remote start and alarm installed on my dts the installers disabled my factory system. Best bet is to stop and ask a car audio shop to do it. I'd avoid the best buy alarm car audio center. They just seem to follow directions from the internet to do installs.

I dont think you can disable the system on a 99. Why not just use the viper remote? You also will not be able to lock the doors with the power locks as it sets the oem alarm

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I dont think you can disable the system on a 99. Why not just use the viper remote? You also will not be able to lock the doors with the power locks as it sets the oem alarm

I checked my car by sitting inside it, then put my viper alarm on valet mode. I locked my doors then opened the door and the factory alarm went off. So you are correct, when using my viper remote to lock and unlock my dos it arms and disarm the factory alarm.

Not sure on the Cadillac but most factory alarms are simple and go off if the door is opened/unlocked without using the keyless entry or the key hole on the door. If the door is unlocked by just lifting the door lock knob then the alarm goes off.

The only bypass that was done was for the pass key system. They used a newer style bypass where I didn't have to forfeit a key for the bypass box. Which I like better because on the older bypass methods where you had to keep a key in the bypass module then the car can be started by a screw driver since the factory anti theft always see a key of the correct signal to allow remote start to work. Or a knowledgeable thief would just find the bypass box and yank your key out and drive car away. One time I had a shop actually recommend to just have dealer program a blank key that wasn't cut but was programmed so that couldn't happen.

Oh I forgot also a bypass for the onstar, or maybe that was for my stereo. I know stereo need a Bose bypass and then each speaker rewired directly to my amplifier. Since I had to rewrite everything I did a separate amplifier for my mid and highs instead of using the head unit to power speakers

Archived