CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The system has never been flushed. Closest its been was '08 when I replaced the engine. Looked at it recently and it's nasty.

SM indicates GM PSF1052884. I have 1 unopened qt GM #89020661. That # is discontinued and replaced by #89021182.

The capacity of the '87 system is 1.3qt according to the SM. Hard to believe since the cooler line is .375" and over 20' long.

I'd like to run a half-gallon, of some cheap brand, through the system to clean the complete system. Advice on what to use for that gal?

Any brands compatible with the GM part numbers?

Thanks

Dave

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

The cooler line is 20 feet long?? Does it circle the car?

Even if the line was 20' long, the volume would be less than half a quart for the line.

Two quarts of fluid that meet the current GM spec. would probably be fine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes, it's pretty-close to 20'. Starts from the rack, goes along the LH firewall, fender, makes a 90° to behind center of the grill, makes a 180° to double-back past the rack another 7' to the reservoir. The unopened bottle of PSF I have is mineral-oil based. Trying to find PSF selling in 2015 that applies to 1987 specs is the question.

Thanks

Dave

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Usually the specs. are backward compatable. As long as you use a fluid that meets the current GM spec. you should be fine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived