CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1976 eldorado 500 alternator brackets

my son is working on his eldorado and the alternator mount bracket has a big piece broken of its a three bolt patteren two in the block and one to bottom of alternator appears to be made of graphite or die cast but cant find one exactly like it to replace not even pictures of one he has other then bolt patteren can anyone help or is familar with what im talking about

The 1976 Eldorado has an optional 80-Amp alternator. Fuel injection was an option but that probably doesn't have anything to do with the alternator bracket.

Your best bet is a salvage yard. If your son could place the bracket, clean and placed with the broken parts together on a flat surface with good lighting, and take a couple of cell phone photos, this can be very helpful in making sure that someone pulls the right part for your son's car. You can post the photos here by putting them on Photobucket or other such photo hosting surface and linking to the photo here with the "Insert Photo" option in our message editor.

There are people here that have access to salvage yards that may have your part. If one of them jumps in, see what they can tell you; I don't have experience with used parts for that model.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived