CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS leg room

Bruce Nunnally

Interesting comparison table at

E-Segment V6 Luxury Sedan Comparison Table

http://www.auto-report.net/e-luxv6.html

shows the 2005 STS has more rear legroom than the Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Infiniti M35, Jaguar S-Type 3.0 V6, Audi A6 3.2 FSI quattro, or BMW 530i (E60 2004). I guess those are more or less the targets, as opposed to the 300C.

I do hope that the Deville redesign maintains the nice rear legroom. That

was almost my replacement car just based on the legroom, but it

cost more and was slower than the CTS.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm really not interested in buying any of those makes. I'm comparing the 2005 STS with my 2000 and my 1993. In the last two incarnations, each STS has had less room than the previous model.

For me, the only thing left is a DTS. I'm anxious to see what power the next model will have. I guess they'll all be called DTS like the STS (what a silly idea - and everybody thinks George Foreman is crazy naming all of his sons George) but I'll be looking for the DTS with the performance suspension and power.

I'm sure the next Devilles or DTS will have as much room as the present model as they are only doing a cosmetic touch up; but who knows what the one after will be - rwd? smaller.

I think it's great to expand your market but you have to be careful not to lose your base in the process.

Ya, change sucks. It seems to be the only constant these days. My kids tell me I have changed. I say I have just aged. A bit. I am still their Dad. Just look different. Move slower. Shaped a little different. Much more refinement. Same thing...just a different design. Life is great. Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Merry Christmas everyone

Rickster

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I'm really not interested in buying any of those makes.

Unfortunately though, the majority of lux car buyers are buying those makes, so making cars like that is likely to be the same as making cars that majority likes.

This sounded less confusing when I was typing it than when I reread it, but hopefully you get the drift.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived