CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Body maintnence 97 Seville

rockfangd

Hi all. Prepping my 97 Seville for its winter storage and had a few questions.

I washed and waxed it the other day and noticed a few things,

is there anything you can do with the plastic chrome? My grille, trims, and what not look kind of dull.

The seals around the front and back windshields shows signs of being dried out. Is there anything I can do to rejuvinate them?

I also noticed some stone chips on the hood and on the rear bumper behind the rear wheels.

I will have to try to locate a set of mudflaps for it.

I found a small amount of hairline cracks in the paint on the back bumper right over the right tailpipes.

I am so happy to say though that it has no rust or dents. There is very few people around here that can say that about their 17 year old car.

Thanks all

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Use tire black or wet look on the rubber and a good non abrasive cleaner on the chrome followed by a nice polish with glass cleaner in the chrome to make it shine. Unfortunately nothing can be done to remove dullness. Only thing to do is bring out whatever shine is left in the chrome as best you can.

Sometimes wax gets on the chrome, and thats what you want to remove with the cleaner or solvent (goo gone or paint thinner)

Thanks alot. I am sure I got some wax on the chrome, especially on the doors. I will try that with the window seals

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived