CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ADVICE PLEASE. BEST HEADLIGHTS/FOGLIGHTS FOR MY 2000 DTS

ckent312

I need some advice on what headlights to get for my 2000 DTS. I don't want to switch to HID. I just want some suggestions please and thank you.

I used the Sylvania Silverstars for about ten years on my 1997 ETC as a brightness upgrade and loved them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

No matter which bulbs you choose, don't stray too far from the original equipment wattage rating. Somehow the number 55W or 65 W sticks in my head from my '99 STS. To put in bulbs that pull too much wattage will generate excess heat, which increases the risk of melting the socket, or overloading the connnections, or possibly melting the wires themselves.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

What JohnnyG Says. Most bulb manufacturers will have a crossover or lookup for your make and model. Your car uses standard halogen bulbs, 9005 for high beam and 9006 for low beam. Stick with bulbs compatible with these types and you should be good.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived