CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

O3 SLS. My blower motor was really loud when I bought the car back in March. Since the motor has quit

working. For a while it would come on when I turned the car on. Either first thing in the day or after I stopped while running around. Now it won't run @ all. I bought a cheap new motor and replaced the old one. The motor started right up as soon as I started the car. Then on the test drive it also quit. I just tested the old motor by hooking it up to a battery. It works fine. Any ideas? Climate control module? wiring? I'm open to suggestions

You can read the OBD I codes yourself. With the key on, using the A/C buttons, press <Off> and <Pass Warmer> together for a few seconds until all the dash lights come on like you just turned on the key, then release both. The DIC will then display the codes, one at a time. Write them down and post them here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I got a lot of history codes. DIM U1255

IPC U1016, IRC U1016, MSM U1000, PCM P0128, P0463 ,P0621, P1115 and TTM U1016. These are all history codes. As soon as I cleared all the codes I got the coolant level warning again(since I have owned the car). Any ideas?

DIM (Dash Integration)
U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

IPC (Instrument Panel)
U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

IRC (Radio)

MSM (Memory Seats)
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction

PCM
P0128 Coolant Thermostat Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0621 Generator L-Terminal Circuit
P1115 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage

TTM (Tilt & Telescoping Wheel Module)

Someone put in the wrong thermostat or took the thermostat out. There is a problem with the wiring to the fuel level sensor. Either there is a problem with the alternator wiring, the alternator is slipping in the serpentine belt, or the alternator may need service. The ECT sensor is probably not plugged firmly into the wiring harness. And, there is a serious problem with the car's network (the PPL wire in much of the wiring), apparently under the dash.

No codes for the heater or A/C, though, so, unless there is a problem with the wiring (which can't be ruled out, looking at the melange of HISTORY codes), the blower or its internal module are likely bad.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived