CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Emissions readiness monitors

druhl

To all that have see my many posts about the readiness sensors not going complete, I would like to update you. I finally got my inspection today. To recap my problem, the oxygen sensor heater , oxygen sensor and catylast monitors would not complete and in the great state of Pennsylvania you can not get your car inspected until they do. I was told to drive the car and that is what I did for several hundred miles. After not having success I got impatient and changed the oxygen sensors , the cat. coverter and after bringing it to the dealer they changed the PCM. I drove the car for 2000 miles and the same three monitors would not complete ! I brought the car back to the cadillac dealer and after talking to gm tech. they told me the computer had to be retofitted with a new program because the car is a Canadian export car. I knew the car was a canadian export car and told the dealer the first time I was in. They actually wanted to charge me $200 to reprogram the PCM , but out of the goodness of their heart they decided not to charge me.

Sounds like a big relief. When I moved to Southern California I had a really hard time to pass emissions. I almost ended up retiring my Cadillac and using the stinky diesel Suburban instead since any diesel vehicle is exempt here in California. Cars as old as mine are really rare here. You go to the junk yard and there are cars less than 10 years old that look like in good condition but they're there because they are gross polluters.

IPB Image

Arrrggggghhhh!

That is a extremely important tidbit of information. There is a bulletin about the export Canada cars not being able to meet US fed state inspection.

Wish we had known sooner about it being a export car.

Archived