CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 Deville c1235 Code

bschelle

My 99 Deville has a current code C1235. The right rear wheel bounces, like I am going over a washboard, in right hand curves and sometimes just when I hit a bump. I have just replaced both calipers and rotors and it seemed to lessen the occurance of the bumping but it still does it. The rear suspension looks and feels tight to the touch. I have 114,000 on the clock and the original struts. What do you think or suggest.

Update!!!

I took the wheel off and the elec. plug was out. I put it in and the C1235 is gone but now I get a C1243. After clearing the codes the C1243 comes back and the ABS & Traction Control lights are on.

If the right rear wheel is bouncing, I would make sure it's balanced properly. It's possible it lost a balancing weight.

I'm not sure about your codes but at 114,000 miles your original struts are probably due for replacement.

Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Update!!!

I took the wheel off and the elec. plug was out. I put it in and the C1235 is gone but now I get a C1243. After clearing the codes the C1243 comes back and the ABS & Traction Control lights are on.

Did you bleed the brakes after replacing those parts??

C1243 - BPMV Pump Motor Stalled (Brake Pressure Modulator Valve)

Sounds like you have some nasty crud in the ABS plumbing and it has stalled / jammed a critical piece of your traction control system.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I didn't do the brake job, my buddy did. I will pick his brain tomorrow. I did tell him to flush the whole system and put in new fluid. The ABS & Traction lights go off after driving for a while and then shutting it off and restarting. As for a out of ballance wheel, this is a shudder type of bounce and a wheel switch doesn't change it. I think it is the stab. links. I am definetly going to change them. As far as the struts go I am sure they are on their last leg. That is the next job on the list!

I didn't do the brake job, my buddy did. I will pick his brain tomorrow. I did tell him to flush the whole system and put in new fluid. The ABS & Traction lights go off after driving for a while and then shutting it off and restarting....

I was suggesting that bleeding might have caused the crud to be floating around in the BPMV unless the correct procedure was used for traction control systems.

If it was my car and the C1423 persists, I would flush - bleed again and hope to wash the crud out of there using fresh brake fluid and the correct procedure.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Jim, I am at my office right now and I do not have my manuals with me. Can you outline the procedure for flushung the system? Is it diferent then conventional, farthest first etc., and I do have a power bleeder.

Jim, I am at my office right now and I do not have my manuals with me. Can you outline the procedure for flushung the system? Is it diferent then conventional, farthest first etc., and I do have a power bleeder.

I'm not in front of my Service Manual but the intent of the instructions is to pump the brake pedal (key off) until the residual brake pressure in the Traction Control / ABS module is bled off. You can feel the difference on the pedal.

Personal preference after that is to pull as much fluid as practical from the master cylinder (turkey baster) and fill with fresh. Then proceed to bleed - flush at each wheel and I use a hand vacuum pump. Takes me something like 16 to 20 oz. total brake fluid.

All four wheel cylinders are plumbed individually to the Traction Control / ABS module so the sequence can be whatever is most convenient for you.

Works for me. Good luck with it.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived