CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

MTV - ELDORADO! ;)

davedog

well, that was entertaining....not exactly my style for an eldorado, but hey! :blink:

Here's some info, and a pic on the episode that was just on...HAVE FUN :lol::lol:

Ride Owner: "Big" Ron. Male.

Owner's Ride: 1984 Cadillac Eldorado.

Big Ron's 1984 Cadillac El Dorado is a far cry from the literal translation meaning "the gilded one." After losing the vinyl top on the freeway and the front grill decided to take a left turn while the car went right, it is clear this baby is in desperate need of some West Coast Customs lovin'. Xzibit is about to pimp his ride.

Additions & Improvements:

-Paint, Sunset Pearl (Orange) with retro raspberry and white graphics

-New gold grill

-24 karat gold rims

-Curb feelers

-Big truck air horn

-Plexiglas autograph board on ceiling (Autographed by Ish & Xzibit)

-White Leather Seats

-Initials B.R. stitched into the seats and the steering wheel

-Boomerang antenna on top of the trunk to watch live tv

-2 15" monitors in the trunk

-Xbox in the trunk with dance dance revolution game

-Gift from X, Yamaha digital drum set that pops out of the trunk

"Big" Ron has officially been pimped.

"AFTER" PIC

ep1_376x140.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I have always wished they would devote a show to an STS like mine (or in your case Dave, and Eldo).

These custom car shows are so popular on TV now, and it would be cool if you could sit there and watch them tear a car like yours apart, and then fix 'er up...all while your "baby" sits peacfully in the driveway!

I agree with you Davedog, the creations that they come up with are usually a little more than I could digest, but it's still neat to "see what they can come up with".

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

On Pimp My Ride, their goal is to make the result extreme. Can you fit a 40" wide screen TV in the back of that? What if the whole floor of the back were video screens? I find this less useful information than a good car restoration show, or mod and dyno program. But it is fun to see them gasp at how poor the vehicle condition is coming in (usually) and to see the finished result of the makeover.

I would like to see them also show the cost estimate for some of these makeovers though. I have not heard them get much into the engine or actual mechanicals of the rides; I think that would be more interesting than just paint, wheels, and video screens.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would like to see them also show the cost estimate for some of these makeovers though. I have not heard them get much into the engine or actual mechanicals of the rides; I think that would be more interesting than just paint, wheels, and video screens.

Yeah, I'm with you Bruce, it's be interesting to know how much they put into these "Pimped" rides....although, if you watch carefully you will notice that they cut corners on things like the paint job....

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Shows like "Pimp My Ride" and "Monster Garage" are the best things going on TV. I have no qualms about letting my kid watch the shows except for when people act like pin heads and argue. They teach folks you can have an interest in mechanical things, be creative and make a living.

Pimp my ride can pimp ..... ok, this is a family oriented web site, I think. So, I will just say that I could not ... care ... lesss.... about what that program may offer with regard to anything I might ever consider driving.

About the argueing: One thing that you have to keep in mind is that's reality in the shop. Even though the casual observer may think that the people are going to rip each other's heads off, many times these arguments are a way to pass the day. In some of the shops I have been in, you would think that the guys are going to kill each other. If you ponder the thought, it should become clear that it would be impossible to maintain a productive environment if the argueing had the impact of argueing as you may know it. A pansy @$$ wouldn't survive through a working day, frettin' because someone called them a m/f. If they holler out f/u, you holler back f/u/2.

The thing I don't like about p/m/r is as davedog points out: These projects cost a s/pot of money for materials. I'm sure that the workers earn at least the equivilant as like professionals in their feilds, probally more. I know that the customer doesn't fork out the money, but viewing it from the craftsman perspective leve, it seems a shame to waste such a collosal amount of money for the overall poor craftsmanship. Craftsmen: Imagine what your end product would be if you had the same blank check?

Also, they never do engine/tran work. (If they do, I haven't seen those shows. I haven't watched it a lot because I don't do much tv.) Because they start out with a real pos, the end up with the same real pos, and the product is merely judged by its cover.

Archived