CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ride Height Sensor

Sniper602

Where exactly do I find the Ride Height Sensor in my 92 Cadillac El Dorado, and what does it look like? I searched the archive and read about the adjustment, but I still need help in locating it.

I had my struts replaced and my car is at least 3inches above my tire. Even with 20's. I desperately need to lower this thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The sensor is connected to the rear suspension - between the rigid frame and the rear "control arm"

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes - it has an electrical connection. You will see a rodl that snaps onto balls that are on the frame and the suspension member.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

On my STS they are front and rear. They are about 6-9 inches long total. A rod, covered by a rubber accordian style boot, sticks out below a 2" wide by 3 1/2" long by 1" thick black box. The electrical cord comes from the top and winds its way upwards. On the front they lay in the rear of the engine compartment. I've never messed with the rears so can't say for certain where they connect.

If you're going to mess with a caddy get a set of manuals for them. They will pay for themselves the first time you fix something by yourself. I won't even check the tranny fluid without mine!

Hope this helps -

Steve

The height control module on the 92 Eldorado is different. That vehicle does not have wheel position sensors since it does not have any type of road sensing suspension. The module is attached to the rear suspension, between the 2 rear tires and has a square box attached to a metal arm that is attached to the suspension by a small, metal link that snaps onto the suspension. It does have the capability to be adjusted to raise/lower the trim height of the vehicle but not for any great amounts. The system was not designed to do that.

Max

"Maximln", you stated that I can only adjust the trim height for this vehicle. How is this done? I really need to have this lowered. Will new springs do the trick?

Does anyone else know?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of the gap, between the quarter panel and the tire:

post-3-1102713432.jpg

I lowered my 96 with eibach springs, had a problem with the rear bottoming out. The shop that did the install cut the senor links too short, I was able to adjust the height in the rear by lengthening the sensor link.

Nice Wheels

sebring06RTP.jpg

Archived