CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stolen hood ornament on a '97 DeVille

I am on the lookout for a new hood ornament for my '97 DeVille. Someone ripped off my old one some time ago ( :wipetears what is wrong with some people...?). Since I live in Sweden, it is not as easy as going to my local junkyard to pick up a new one (there are very few Cadillacs over here), so I am now looking on Ebay. Many posts on Ebay have poor pictures of the base part of the ornament, which need to be right for it to fit. Other posts list the year and model of the ornament, and my question is: which years and models will fit my '97 DeVille, except for '97--'99 of course? What about SeVilles and Eldorados? What about '94--'96 DeVille? Any info is helpful and appreciated!

/Jonas

edit: Pictures of the original ornament:

PICT1049.JPG

PICT1197.JPG

PICT3787.JPG

I have a box of emblems I've collected. Your pictures don't show up so ill go online to see what type you have maybe I have 1 for you. From my experience each emblem is different for the different models and body style years(97-99. 94-96 etc) the bases are different sizes and sit at different angles because of angle of the hood.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thanks for offering to have a look, CoupeDTS! As it turns out, I found one on Ebay that was listed as fitting a 97-99 DeVille a few hours ago, and it looked right and in good condition to me, so I went ahead and ordered it already. So at the moment, hopefully I have the right ornament on the way :). Otherwise, I will post back and ask you to have a look. Thanks again.

/Jonas

Sounds good. Yes they are readily available here in the states. Those year devilles are common in the junkyards around me.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I have a chrome one from a 97 Deville if you do end up needing one. My Deville has a gold one as it has the gold crown package. which one does yours have?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I have (had :glare:) the chrome one, and that is what should be on the way. If you cannot see the pictures in my first post, you can see a very small version in my avatar.

I will let you know if I got the right stuff once it gets here. It will take a couple of weeks, because first my Paypal e-check has to go through (takes a few days), then it has to be sent to a friend of mine, since the seller would only ship to the US, and then my friend will send it to me.

Archived