CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Comp says top speed 90 ??

CoupeDTS

woke up this morning to drive to my thanksgiving meal and the readout(99 sts) says top speed is 90 and just stays there. Car runs good. Ive never seen this in the manual or anything and couldnt find it in the search of this page. I mean im not gonna go over 90 anytime soon cause my tires need balanced but heh its still an anomaly. Any body have a clue why it says this??

Thanks

Scott

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

You should check for codes (engine off, key on, press off+warmer to get into diagnostics). Plenty on this in achives.

There is probably a code or few regarding stability control being compromised (so top end is clipped at 90).

This can be as simple as a braking system code reported, but not noticed otherwise by driving .

Good luck :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I had this happen to my '99 just after I bought it. It was winter and the temp had fallen below freezing when the message popped up. "Speed Limited to 90" is the exact wording I believe. Anyway, I checked codes (without writing them down) and cleared all. The message went away and never came back. I posted that incident on this board then. I did not get a specific response at that time either, so as TDK says it can be caused by a number of things. Write all of your codes down before clearing them, that will help determine a cause for the message.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived