CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

passenger ac only blows hot

wgt31

guys i'm here in atlanta and my mom's car is having a/c issues it's a '99 STSz the passenger side only blows hot, no matter the setting. driver's side does as usual. i'm pulling the codes later just thought some of you may have experienced the same problem. thanks for the info. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! william

Do you mean PC1243 for the code? The codes have 2 letters and 4 numbers.

If the refrigerant level was low, I would think the low refrigerant message would be displayed on the DIC. You might want to start checking the mixer door for the passenger side.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Sounds like a stuck actuator. Try running the temp all the way up to 90 then back down. If that doesn't work, you'll have to remove the glove boz and watch the actuators work. One of the control rods may be disconneted from the actuator.

guys i'm here in atlanta and my mom's car is having a/c issues it's a '99 STSz the passenger side only blows hot, no matter the setting. driver's side does as usual. i'm pulling the codes later just thought some of you may have experienced the same problem. thanks for the info. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! william

It's the mixer unit under the dash. I briefly had a 97 Concours that this happened on.

See previous posts for diagnostics. Get a shop manual if you don't already have one.

~Doc

Archived