CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Security system malfunction

load

Hi guys,

I'm looking for help with a problem. My 92 Seville's security system seems to go off as soon as I open the doors. I've tried everything recommended to turn it off but nothing seems to work. I've unplugged the relay for the time being. Any thoughts???

Thanks!

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel. Write down the codes that are displayed on the information center and post back.

My off the cuff guess is that one of the door or trunk tamper switches are shorted but the trouble codes should point you in the right direction.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Most of the late model cars have the original radio wired into the security system so it will go off when the radio is being stolen. Now , since you removed it the security system shows that it is missing , hence the alarm going off. Now as far as your reset goes , it sounds like you are connected to a hot wire that is only hot when the key is on , versus one that is hot all the time to keep your memory alive when you turn the key off. Changing radios out is not like it use too be , and that is why I recommend that in this area , you leave an installation to the people who do it every day for a living.

Archived