CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine swap

Julio

looking at removing my 97 Y motor and installing an 03 engine, have to use my accessories, anyone know if there will be any problems with accessories mounting belt and tranny or engine mounts accepting the 03 block heads manifold and so on.

Thank you,

Julio

I understand the 2000+ engines are pretty different from the 99-down engines, not in terms of overall design, but in small details. The 00+ engines use a coil-on-plug ignition, whereas our 99- engines use multiple coil packs on an ignition module. The PCM calibrations are also different because the combustion chamber on the 00+ engines are redesigned. You'll have to replace the PCM and complete wiring harness if you want a 00+ engine. You'll have to look for a 93-97 LD8 (Vin code Y) engine to replace yours if you want a bolt-in operation.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I seem to recall this question being asked before. I think Bill's rsponse was that it would be more trouble than it was worth and still might not run right. Jason is right, PCM, wiring, the whole nine yards.

I think you'll need a shoe horn to help you with this operation.... :D

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived