CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OBDII DTC definitions

For many years I have been using a searchable *.txt file stored on all my computers to guide my with diagnosis of problems with two different Cadillacs built after 1/1/1996 (the date that OBDII DTC definitions became mandatory). The attraction of having the definitions in a local *.txt file was no internet connection was required.

Fast forward to today and my family's fleet of vehicles includes many other makes/brands. And when one of those vehicles misbehaves, my phone rings. Therefore I had a use for a comprehensive list of OBDII DTC definitions.

And I believe I have accumulated such a list from a variety of internet sources. The resulting *.txt file is searchable when opened with Notepad by using the Edit/Find or Ctrl+F feature. And it is your's for the asking via private message and email.

My *.txt file includes slightly less than 4,900 B, C, and P (Body, Chassis, and Powertrain) code definitions. In my experience, U (Network) codes are useless.

File size is 145 KB.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you like we can toss the file up on the blog as text, and it would be searchable there.

Generous offer, Bruce. And thank you.

But. Some of my formatting effort was directed at making the information available independent of internet access.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You mean this is not a complete list?

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

I do. Notice he qualifies the list in the subtitle;

for OBD II (OBD-2) equipped GM vehicles

And then farther down the first page he says

Updated through the 2004 model year.

Jim

Drive your car.