CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What the heck is this part?

TDK

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank you very much!

Yippeee! Do I get prize?

I'll try not to let it get to my head (just kidding lol!)

Actually, I never even guessed i would be right! I was just chimming in my two cents!

I am happy to hear that the "Magical Mystery Part" is now in its place, and doing it's job, like a good hard working part would though! lol

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Conratulations! LOL.....I was going to chime in with trunk lid stopper but you beat me to it. This morning, after reading TDK's post, I went out to the car and popped the trunk on a hunch. After checking mine over I knew what it was but I had to run so no early post. Glad you found where it belongs.

Speaking of trunk lid stops, when I pop my trunk the lid flys up and the bushings don't stop it enough to keep the lid from contacting the rear window. In essence the rear window actually stops the trunk lid. It's done this for as long as I can remember. Is this functioning properly?

As I was checking my lid stops for TDK I noticed that there is a hook and ladder system on both sides. Should I rehook the springs to slow down the swing of the trunk lid?

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

STS Scott,

Thanks for the answer. But no, you don't get the "background" for the second pic as a prize. :)

Kger2,

Using the back glass as a stop can not be too good. :o

There was a post about how to adjust the trunk tension. I recall that it involved getting inside the trunk withe the lid almost closed, in order to take the tension off to allow re-positioning of the rods. ;)

Scotty,

Having that "Henway" comment follow through so well, must have made your day. :P I'm glad to serve as your "straight guy post". :lol:

Thanks again all - and I'll leave this thread die for more important issues...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Scotty,

Having that "Henway" comment follow through so well, must have made your day. :P I'm glad to serve as your "straight guy post". :lol:

Its important to have a straight man to hook the unexpecting victim! :lol:

I'll tell you an embarrising story about the famous Henway and how I got set up. I worked in Sun Ship Building in Chester, Pa during my college years. My first day on the job, 'the guys' sent me to the tool room to get a 'COME ALONG'... It sounded odd, but I went to the tool room and got one.... The next day they sent me for an 'OLD MAN'..... Also sounding odd, but I went to the tool room and sure enough, there was a tool called an OLD MAN..... The third day on the job, they send me for a HENWAY!!!! Needless to say, the guys in the tool room (who knew I was coming), got a big laugh and played it up!

I'da bet STS Scott's money it was Vedran . . . Romulan woulda been my second guess.

Regards,

Warren :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

TDK,

Did you get your milage out of this post, OR WHAT?!?

Regards,

Warren :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived