CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lansing-built Cadillac at home on race track

Bruce Nunnally

The Lansing State Journal, the home-town paper for the Lansing Grand River factory where the CTS/SRX/CTS-V are made, has a piece on the new CTS-V racing effort at http://www.lsj.com/news/business/040212_caddy_7c.html

"We've heard from people that they want to see how this car runs before they buy one. With this, they'll see it," said Karen Rafferty, marketing manager for Cadillac's V-series and motorsports.

I would like to see a car magazine article comparing the CTS-V and the XLR side by side.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

what happens if Cadillac loses at the race? will that hurt sales?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I suspect if they make a good show of it sales will benefit. Clearly the series rules are setup to force parity. But I think it is very good for Cadillac to race a close-to-production car, and learn new ways to make the base cars faster B)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

what happens if Cadillac loses at the race? will that hurt sales?

I was there during those wonderful days of SCCA Trans Am racing in the late sixties and through the seventies, when they started the the "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" philosophy.

It didn't matter who won, really. It was the competition between the recognizable street cars, (Cameros, Mustangs, Cudas, Challengers etc ,that sold the cars. We all had our favorites, and people couldn't wait to get to the dealers, or check the papers after a few races..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived