CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault

Northstar

It is not clear from your post what exactly happened, but you can monitor the movement of one of air mix door's actuators if you remove the glove box. Just hold Warmer or Cooler buttons and make sure the actuator moves coherently to two extremal positions (min and max opening).

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I took out the glove box and nothing moves when changing the temp.

How do I replace the air mix door motor?

Northstar,

I am assuming airmix door next to the heater core is similat to one in my car (91 seville). The re is so called programmer which makes some noise when Warmer or Coler buttons are depressed. There is an actuator snapped to the the rotor of the programmer. It literally opens or closes the door allowing more or less air flow from the heater core. Sometimes the actuator unshaps somehow and programmer cannot move the door even if it works. Hope this information helps.

Do you have any manual?

Disconnected the actuator arm from the actuator and moved it both directions which gave me heat for the first time in a long time.

AC 1341 was the code I got.

I dont have a manual for it yet.

Disconnected the actuator arm from the actuator and moved it both directions which gave me heat for the first time in a long time.

GOOD! Now increase the temp up to 90 degrees by holding Warmer. When the reading on the DIC shows 90 MOVE THE ACTUATOR TO COMPLETELY OPEN POSITION AND SNAP IT TO THE ROTOR. If your programmer works properly you are done. After snapping push the Cooler button untill the temp gets 60 degrees it should move the actuator and the door to close position and decrease the heat.

The rotor wont move at all.

Well... check the connector at the programmer or replace the programmer after localizing the problem. At least you can get now as much heat as you need MANUALLY. ;)

Archived