CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Using the VIN number can I determine month and year my car was builit?

Please respond to SMihaly137@aol.com

Thank you.

Pgh. Steve

You do not need the VIN. There should be a FMVSS certification sticker on the drivers door. It will show month and year.

Thanks for the response re. the Built Date of my 2007 DTS. Later this AM I called the local Cad dealer with the same question. After asking me for the VIN #, he told me my car was built on 12/2/2008! I later found some paperwork from the dealer that stated the Built Date was 11/06! I'm on my way out to the car now to look for the FMVSS sticker on the door, as was suggested suggested. Thank you. As a note of explanation, I purchased the car used, from the dealer. I'm concerned about the age of the battery, which I suspect is original. I want to get the battery checked, and also obtain the GM specifications for the recommended battery. Thanks again.

Steve

If battery is Delco heres some info:

In past a date code number hot stamped on the top of the battery. Year (0-9) Month (A-M,skipping I). 8C = 1998, March

Now I fnd: The warranty date code is located on the top label of the battery. The first character is either a P or S.

The next two digits determine the month, the third digit is year and the fourth digit indicates the manufacturing plant.

For example, P 094N means the battery was made in September 2004 in the New Brunswick factory.

Archived