CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville 2002 - Dampers/Absorbers Polish problem

Hello All,

I have a Cadillac Seville SLS (2002) and just checked the state of dampers/absorbers - I'm from Poland (and live there) therefore I do not have any information about the right parameters - and I want to check if they are good. Does anyone have any info?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thx

Check for leaks. If there is any oil leakage, they are bad. If not, then bounce each corner by hand. Once you stop the car should rebound about once, then stop. If it continues to rebound they are worn.

Check for leaks. If there is any oil leakage, they are bad. If not, then bounce each corner by hand. Once you stop the car should rebound about once, then stop. If it continues to rebound they are worn.

Thanks. I know this "manual solution" :) Maybe I will write what results I have and someone can check if they are ok:

Front Axis: traction: left 58% right 58% difference 0% pressure 1096 daN amplitude left 34mm right 34mm

Rear Axis: traction: left 48% right 51% difference 3% pressure 814 daN amplitude left 52mm right 49 mm

Can someone comment if there is something I should worry about.

Thank you

Thanks. I know this "manual solution" :) Maybe I will write what results I have and someone can check if they are ok:

Front Axis: traction: left 58% right 58% difference 0% pressure 1096 daN amplitude left 34mm right 34mm

Rear Axis: traction: left 48% right 51% difference 3% pressure 814 daN amplitude left 52mm right 49 mm

Can someone comment if there is something I should worry about.

Thank you

I don't think there are any design parameters in the service manual for the shocks that you could compare your data to. If the car doesn't bounce excessively when driving and passes the test Ranger described, I wouldn't worry about the shocks/struts.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for your help. I also didn't find anything in the instruction. Ok, so I won't worry about that - I just thought there is something like that for comparison.

Thanks again

Greetings from Poland :)

Archived