CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please Help. Radio upgrade on 1996 Eldorado

My dad just recently bought a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado with the base radio. We want to upgrade the system to a BOSE unit. I don't have an idea what to do other than changing the speakers and radio. Is there any wiring replacing that needs to be done? Amp? Could I buy more recent BOSE equipment from another Eldorado? Like a 2000-2002. What to look for? Does it need to be programmed? I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Caddyjag

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen numerous RDS CD Bose units at several different wrecking yards. Its a hard search but you cold strike gold. Do an advanced search and out in the word CD or Changing to Bose and read to your hearts content :) Also be advised 1996+ - OBD-II head units are part of the serial data bus and TheftLock system. The original car's VIN is programmed into the head unit and it will ONLY work with the original car unless you have a GM dealer unlock/re-program it.

My dad just recently bought a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado with the base radio. We want to upgrade the system to a BOSE unit. I don't have an idea what to do other than changing the speakers and radio. Is there any wiring replacing that needs to be done? Amp? Could I buy more recent BOSE equipment from another Eldorado? Like a 2000-2002. What to look for? Does it need to be programmed? I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Caddyjag

P Christopher :)

I've seen numerous RDS CD Bose units at several different wrecking yards. Its a hard search but you cold strike gold. Do an advanced search and out in the word CD or Changing to Bose and read to your hearts content :) Also be advised 1996+ - OBD-II head units are part of the serial data bus and TheftLock system. The original car's VIN is programmed into the head unit and it will ONLY work with the original car unless you have a GM dealer unlock/re-program it.

Caddyjag

It seems the theftloc only applies to the 98+. It will say theftlock on the face of the unit.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived