CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Project Cadillac Tuning Plan

I am enjoying my 2008 Cadillac STS-V; it is a terrific design right out of the box.   Cadillac pulled out some stops in developing this unique 4.4L Supercharged Northstar variant.  For example, the exhaust manifold was extrude honed to optimize flow.  Originally the V was rumored to get 440 hp, but with some final tuning [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I am enjoying my 2008 Cadillac STS-V; it is a terrific design right out of the box. Cadillac pulled out some stops in developing this unique 4.4L Supercharged Northstar variant. For example, the exhaust manifold was extrude honed to optimize flow. Originally the V was rumored to get 440 hp, but with some final tuning [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce, I am curious why you chose the Spectra intake vs D3. Also if you haven't already checked out GizmoQ and his upgrades on an xlr forum (xlr-net)I would recommend visiting with him. He seems like a really nice and helpful guy, and might save you some frustration and give you some ideas. He has reached 500 rwhp as well as some limitations/obstacles. I for one will be checking out your blog regularly :paint2: Good luck with all your upgrades! What an awesome car/engine. Here I am checking out my buddies cts-v, wish I could have this pic with your car too, all the v-s at one time! th_IMG_20110528_125307.jpg

you would think any blown/boosted car could be tweaked to make more boost. can that be done with a chip or tune? i did see a newer blown vette with nitrous injection and nitrous cooling spray on the IC.

Airmike: I have read back through and have been following along the various threads as the XLR-V and STS-Vs are modified. I like the Spectre claims (44 whp) and I am interested to see how they measure up on my V. Also the Spectre calibration sleeve approach eliminates the need to re-tune, which is interesting to test. It strikes me that having another independent test point on some of the changes that the community are doing is helpful, and I enjoy this stuff.

Since I may have the car tuned as step 2, then the D3 intake may have a similar overall results. I love all the work that D3 Engineering has done on STS-V tuning, so I may look for an opportunity to add a D3 tuning part later.

Jaimie at StreetsideAuto.com (PGA2B) is who I am ordering the Spectre intake from.

Joeb: the Snake Bite blower porting & gearing from Stiegemeier seems to be a good way to push up the boost from 12 psi to as high as 17 psi. The modified Eaton M122 blower on the Cadillac XLR-V and STS-V is similar to a unit used on the Ford Cobra 500GT 5.4L Supercharger setup, so similar clean-up and porting apply. This can add what I am guessing is 50-100 whp although Steigemeier does not have a specific claim listed for the V.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived