CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope all you experts can help me out here. I spent my Easter weekend fixing the 54,807 things wrong with my '95 Deville, save for two. Luckily, my car is throwing out two codes for them: T027 and P039. I was browsing through all the other threads so I could figure out what to do, but I didn't find a definite answer for myself, so here goes...

T027: LF Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

I've had this for a while, but after going through winter in Utah without ABS or Traction Control, I want it back. It started after I had to make a hard left turn at medium speed (not sure if this has anything to do with it, but might be useful) and stayed ever since. It's the first thing that pops up when I start my car. I don't even need to be moving or fire it up for it to show up. I checked the Maxi brake fuse under the hood and the ABS fuse in the trunk, and cleaned out the connection at the hub. Then I replaced the LF hub assembly, complete with a new ABS sensor, still no luck. I've been told to replace the wiring from the hub to the ABS module and even replacing the ABS module itself. I'm hoping that it somehow became disconnected at the ABS module and I can plug it in without it costing me anything. Since there aren't continuity faults for any other wheels, I'm thinking that it's not the module (Bosch 5.0 I think). Plus, it's easily a few hundred bucks I don't really want to be dropping right now. Any suggestions?

P039: Torque Converter Clutch

This started of and on last summer, especially when driving up grades at highway speed, but now it comes on every time I drive the car. The car now revs a lot higher and when I'm driving on the freeway at 75 MPH and 2000 RPM and take my foot of the gas, it stays there until I start braking (ghetto cruise control maybe?). I'm not really worried about the increased fuel usage, I'm more or less worried about extended damage to the transmission and brake wear, and the fact that I might end up on the 10 o'clock news like a Toyota/Lexus owner. From the other threads, I took it that I should replace the solenoid first on my own before taking it into a shop to replace the actual torque converter clutch? Right now it has 140,000 miles on it, so I don't know if it's "due" for a fix like that either.

I bought my car when I was 16 with 91,000 miles on it and loved it ever since. No problems then, but now my dash lights up like a Christmas tree. I want to keep it for a long time since the body and interior are in great condition and there's no other new car like it on the market now. My neighbor thought it was brand new when I got it. And my other neighbor just gave me the finger. I don't mind having the replace the basic things like the water pump, starter, etc., but lately I've been having to replace little, ridiculously expensive things. Needless to say, my weekend involved a lot of swearing...

Thanks!

DPJ

Archived