CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 eldo service engine soon light

nomac

Turn the ignition key on and press "warmer" and "off" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until trouble codes ( if there are some) are shown on your Driver Information Center . Write them down and report. Turn the ignition off.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

the codes are P024, and A047. what are theses and what do they mean, and is it ok to drive the car? thanks

I do not know what is A047 but P024 is vehicle speed sensor circuit problem. I would clean the codes and see if they return. Enter diagnostics and pushing Hi and Off get the point when it asks PCM codes clear? Push Hi and exit diagnostics. I do not thing this is a big issue you can certainly drive the car.

How much of a life do you have left on the oil change? Mine will give me this warning when the oil has about 15 - 20 % oil life left. Might just be a simple oil change -

Steve

How much of a life do you have left on the oil change? Mine will give me this warning when the oil has about 15 - 20 % oil life left. Might just be a simple oil change -

????????

Steve

The "warning" you're getting is Change Oil Soon across your DIC. I get that too when my oil life percentage gets down. That's different from a Service Engine warning.

However, once in a great while when I've been neglecting an oil topping i get the Service Engine warning. Once I top it off no problem..... strange but it's worked for over 80,000 miles. Oh well.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived