CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A little update on the GTP/N*

CustomGTP

Some of you may remember me, some may be new to the site...

Heres a little update

Overview:

Vehicle: 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Motor: 99 Eldo with 95 intake

Trans: 02 Camaro SS 6 speed T56

Clutch: SPEC stage 3

Front susp: 99 Trans Am

Rear susp: 87 Turbo Grand National

Well I guess pictures will have to wait..

Looks like I forgot my chip in a different computer instead of back in my camera

Heres one of the motor and one of the interior

post-284-130275201078_thumb.jpg

post-284-130275202564_thumb.jpg

A W-body on caddyinfo. never thought I would see the day. I loved my W-bodys. I have seen a monte with a NS but this is different. must post lots of pics. welcome back

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

A W-body on caddyinfo. never thought I would see the day. I loved my W-bodys. I have seen a monte with a NS but this is different. must post lots of pics. welcome back

Thanks!!! Yeah makin it RWD has really made it a one off car..

Another older picture

post-284-130275484829_thumb.jpg

i see the bumper supports but no radiator core or other front sheetmetal parts. i bet there is a good bit of frame/body wiggle. does the local DMV have to sign off on this car? those chassis stiffeners look like tinker toys. hope you never run into anything.

Well if you think that lower core support does anything for structure support you are sadly mistaken. I added one 2 1/4" round stock with .120 wall drop down support in place of the lower core support and to supplement some center support. I also cut out the stock Trans Am "k-frame" and will be adequately supported by the square tubing steering rack mount/brace/frame and a strut tower brace. In addition I made subframe connectors front-rear. This well exceeds the 4 M14 bolts that held in the stock cradle.

And yeah If I run into anything that thing/car/person is gonna be MESSED up!! No more wrinkle/crash crush points :)

i had a 93,97,98, grand prix. gone now. kid has a 99 gt so i do like them. what are you doing for exhaust manifolds?

your fabbing the headers? have you started? any pics? was interested in the weld quality. we had a corvair with a mid-engine V8, behind driver. headers were pretty simple. but not standard since they came out from motor and straight back. on a normal front engine car, they would have gone right thru the dash.

Yeah i have to fab em up myself.. I dotn have too much clearance for the driver side to exit the rear so I may have to run em both back thru the passenger side. Im gonna try to do equal length 180* headers :) wish me luck!

maybe use some manifolds from a newer sts or srx as your starting point. not that they would be easy to find used. chfrb has some cool exhaust stuff for the northstars in sandrails and other rigs.

how similar is this car to say a 95 camaro now? i think the camaro subframe bolts to the unibody and also supports the motor. i suppose you could see how a camaro is built and try and make similar structural mods.

Archived