CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Engine tilter" tool

gc_caddy

Great idea but I think you could make one for a lot less than $35 with a few items bought at a local hardware store.

Yeah Larry. I remember your "water pump wrench"! :)

I think this would be a whole lot easier. BTW, the water pump socket is working as planned......I still have not needed it :lol:

Great idea but I think you could make one for a lot less than $35 with a few items bought at a local hardware store.

Yeah Larry. I remember your "water pump wrench"! :)

I think this would be a whole lot easier. BTW, the water pump socket is working as planned......I still have not needed it :lol:

I wish I had your skills and tooling to make my own stuff when necessary.

My STS was off the road for almost a week, while I waited for the water pump wrench to arrive.

I was thinking the same thing!

It seems like the cradle bolts would need to be loosened as well for the engine to tilt or the lower engine mounts would be stressed.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I was thinking the same thing!

It seems like the cradle bolts would need to be loosened as well for the engine to tilt or the lower engine mounts would be stressed.

Don't forget the exhaust. I suspect you would use this thing to gain an inch or two, like for the blower motor.

Archived