CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Newbe help

btx5mg

Hi Guys a nebee here i am Pete from London England, will be picking up my First Caddy a 2007 CTS 3.6 sport right hand drive with only 15000 miles on it. in about two hours. I have a few worrys as it is a rare beast here. The battery looks as if the termials our on the side and not on the top of the battery, so dose that mean is it on it side can not be . And as i will not use it as an every day car i may have to charge it up from time to time so if i disconect the battery will i have to enter a code for the radio. the is no hand book with the car, the car is fitted with the sat nav. Thanks Pete

:welcomesmiley:

It is a side terminal battery - so it is fully normal that the terminals are on the sides. If it is original, it is also a maintenance free gel battery, which means that you do not have to add water, but you do need to use a good charger. If you get a so-called "smart charger" from CTEK (http://www.ctek.com), I believe that you can charge without disconnecting the battery.

'hjb' is spot on; keeping a smart charger, i.e. battery tender is the way to go. While this will keep all you presets intact it is also better for the life of your battery. Many battery tenders come with auxillary connectors so you don't need to access the battery terminals each time you want to charge (or maintain your charge). Best of luck with your 'Caddy'.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Thanks guys the car is great, looks the part in Thunder gray. The nav looks a tad complex, but have just down loaded a pdf manual for it, How can i get the radio code i take it it has one.

Cheers Pete

no bmw for you? i think gm/opel is quite popular in europe. should be a good network of parts/service available. under the hood, there should be a red power tap. almost all newer gm cars have that for hooking up a booster cable if you need to jump. you can charge thru that tap. even the cars with the battery in the engine bay use the red tap. most newer batteries are buried under covers.

Archived