CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I love my deville. I have noticed a smell of antifreeze coming from under the hood. It never looses antifreeze and nothing leaks or drips . hoses are all dry .dont see any staining. just a smell. temp never goes up never need to add any. just disturbing. think this is a job for the sealer tablets? i also replaced the oil level sensor and the new one is still leaking and sending false signals.almost overfilled due to warning.comes on every time i start the car even though full.ever hear of that? looking for an ac one to replace the new plastic one. should i Teflon tape the new one or use some extra silicone to seal i up.leak is annoying.its not the filter or the adapter,there to far to the left of the leak. leak is right below the level sensor and drips off the electrical connection.

Your coolant leak sounds just like my '97. It turned out to be a minor seepage leak from the water pump cover. Run your finders along the lower edge. Mine was so minor that I bought the new cover gasket and never replaced it. It's still on my work bench. Sealant tabs would probably seal it if you want to use them.

I would replace the oil level sensor without any Teflon tape or sealant. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is needed.

alot of time sensors that need sealer already have a hardened paste on the threads right out of the box. Usually red. Otherwise any pipe thread should have a little teflon on it.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Your coolant leak sounds just like my '97. It turned out to be a minor seepage leak from the water pump cover. Run your finders along the lower edge. Mine was so minor that I bought the new cover gasket and never replaced it. It's still on my work bench. Sealant tabs would probably seal it if you want to use them.

I would replace the oil level sensor without any Teflon tape or sealant. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is needed.

I have been feeling around all over smell seems more prevalent ont the right side. I dont think its anything major and will keep looking. the sensor is odd .it was leaking so i replaced .the new one is plastic and is still leaking and now sending a check oil level signal every time i start up.checked the oil and level was fine. i thought it may be the oil filter adapter but my leak hits the ground right below the level sensor. being it is winter its been too cold to get a real good look. Its hard buying a car in the winter. Hard to battle the weather to work on it.

I love my deville. I have noticed a smell of antifreeze coming from under the hood. It never looses antifreeze and nothing leaks or drips . hoses are all dry .dont see any staining. just a smell. temp never goes up never need to add any. just disturbing. think this is a job for the sealer tablets? i also replaced the oil level sensor and the new one is still leaking and sending false signals.almost overfilled due to warning.comes on every time i start the car even though full.ever hear of that? looking for an ac one to replace the new plastic one. should i Teflon tape the new one or use some extra silicone to seal i up.leak is annoying.its not the filter or the adapter,there to far to the left of the leak. leak is right below the level sensor and drips off the electrical connection.

Is the oil level sensor the large threaded plastic piece with the electrical connector in the side of the oil pan? I only ask because that is leaking on mine and I wanted the proper name before going to NAPA.

Is the oil level sensor the large threaded plastic piece with the electrical connector in the side of the oil pan? I only ask because that is leaking on mine and I wanted the proper name before going to NAPA.

Yes it is. It goes into the pan 3 inches or more. Right by the oil filter .

I have been feeling around all over smell seems more prevalent ont the right side. I dont think its anything major and will keep looking. the sensor is odd .it was leaking so i replaced .the new one is plastic and is still leaking and now sending a check oil level signal every time i start up.checked the oil and level was fine. i thought it may be the oil filter adapter but my leak hits the ground right below the level sensor. being it is winter its been too cold to get a real good look. Its hard buying a car in the winter. Hard to battle the weather to work on it.

used the bars-leak. no smells at all.drove around for a couple hours.all seems good.

Archived