CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HID headlight questions....

Luke

As some of you may have read, I recently purchased my 2006 DTS. I love it!

Anyway, my right headlight will sometimes just go off while driving. If I turn the headlights off and back on, they both come on. Anyone know much about HID's? I am wondering if this is a symptom of a bulb that is on it's way out or if it's the ignitor or maybe a problem with the ballast. I want to figure it out before replacing the bulbs because I don't want to have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out more than once!

Thanks!

As some of you may have read, I recently purchased my 2006 DTS. I love it!

Anyway, my right headlight will sometimes just go off while driving. If I turn the headlights off and back on, they both come on. Anyone know much about HID's? I am wondering if this is a symptom of a bulb that is on it's way out or if it's the ignitor or maybe a problem with the ballast. I want to figure it out before replacing the bulbs because I don't want to have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out more than once!

Thanks!

Mine was doing the exact same thing.

My dealer replaced the BALLAST on mine a few weeks ago and it has been fine ever since.

I don't think you have to pull the bumper to replace it... because the dealer only charged .8 hr for labor when he replaced it.

The ballast is on the "BOTTOM" of the headlight assembly.

The part number is ...10391611

Posted Image

Archived