CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

stability system disabled 2004 escalade

randy haurum

I have recently purchased my first cadilac. And I love it, the other day after I started the car the stability system disabled light and warning came on. being a new owner I'm looking for info and advise, can I fix it myself? I'm mechanically enclined. If not what should it cost normally?

thanks in advance to anyone with info

Your first step will be to display the related Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Various Cadillac vehicles can do that on the DIC but I don't know if your truck chassis is one of them.

You could get the dealer to give you a printout of ALL codes but expect to pay a diagnostic fee.

Another option is to purchase an aftermarket code reader. Just be certain the aftermarket part will read ALL four types of OBDII codes; "B: codes for body, "C" codes for chassis, "P" codes for powertrain, and "U" codes for the networking. Most (cheap) aftermarket code-readers can only read and display P codes.

The codes you are most interested in right now are "C" codes.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I believe the Escalades did not have the option of onboard diagnostics.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

There is nothing optional about OnBoard Diagnostics (OBD). Displaying the codes is a different matter.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

There is nothing optional about OnBoard Diagnostics (OBD). Displaying the codes is a different matter.

That's what I meant to say, my bad. :wacko: I don't believe you can display them without a code reader.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

thanks to all who answered. another question, if i take this to a dealer what is the normal cost of replaceing a censor if that is what it turns out to be. and would you all suggest a caddy dealer or can any good mechanic fix it?.

At this point we do not know if it "IS" a sensor...and if it is... we don't know which one.

First thing is to find a garage that has a tech 2 "AND" someone who knows how to read it or take it to a dealer... and find out what codes it has.

The codes will point to what is wrong.

Then tell us what the codes are.

Then we can better advise you.

Posted Image

Archived