CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

security anti theft wont allow 99 eldorado to start

David M

hey Guys I need your help once again my 99 eldorado let me down tonight , after leaving wall-mart she would not start the anti theft would not allow it to crank it said to remove key according to the manual i should have got a message to wait 3 min then 2 min then 1 min but I never did , I unhooked the battery for at least 10 min locked and relocked the doors checked the key did not see anything wrong with it I have not had any trouble in the past with this issue what can I do Im about to go nuts she is stuck at the wall-mart as I sit here please help thanks David

hey Guys I need your help once again my 99 eldorado let me down tonight , after leaving wall-mart she would not start the anti theft would not allow it to crank it said to remove key according to the manual i should have got a message to wait 3 min then 2 min then 1 min but I never did , I unhooked the battery for at least 10 min locked and relocked the doors checked the key did not see anything wrong with it I have not had any trouble in the past with this issue what can I do Im about to go nuts she is stuck at the wall-mart as I sit here please help thanks David

Either your chip does not make a good contact or a tiny wire inside the ignition lock cylinder is broken. If the latter is the case, you have to replace the ignition lock cylinder, order new keys, or bypass the system by inserting a specific resistor in the circuit.

Try spraying some WD-40 on the key and see if that helps.

If the wires are half broken, several attempts may eventually start the car.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived