CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Deville Concours 90,000 miles

The time has come to let my '97 Concours go. The car has 90,000 miles on it and 300hp Northstar engine runs great, but it has developed an oil leak. It's a slow leak. It hasn't gone down perceptibly in 200 or so miles. The oil pressure switch flickers on at long stoplights. I'll get that fixed and include five quarts of oil in the trunk.

The car has a few parking lot nicks and dings, but it's never been wrecked. The passenger door mirror was replaced about a year ago. with a blue one. The car's tan. I've been meaning to paint it, but never got around to it. I'll throw in a spray can of matching paint and a couple sheets of 1,000 grit sandpaper so you can paint the mirror yourself.

The car has two practically new Goodyear tires on the front. The Continentals on the rear probably need replacing.

The car is located in North Carolina.

The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground--and miss!

--Douglas Adams Life, The Universe, and Everything

caddyplate.jpg

Asking price?

Thats too bad. almost every one i see leaks

are the leaks you are referring to specifically on the 97-99 devilles only? I have not heard oil leaks to be common on N*'s

the flickering oil light seems to be getting more common as N*'s get older & older.

Asking price?

Thats too bad. almost every one i see leaks

are the leaks you are referring to specifically on the 97-99 devilles only? I have not heard oil leaks to be common on N*'s

the flickering oil light seems to be getting more common as N*'s get older & older.

Well it seems to be either the crankcase seal seeps, or the oil filter housing gasket. Thhat is the most I know of. Not specificc to 97-99.

I have seen it on varying years from 94-2004..

In other terms, is this car still for sale

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived