CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

small ground wire by ps pump

When i removed the h2O pump on the 97 STS 4.6L i found there is a small ground/black wire that bolts on the interior cylinder head by the valve cover near the PS pump. One end of this small ground wire was broke off. Any idea where this ground goes? It's bolted on the beah yet along with the larger ground strap. Thanks..

Where can i buy elbow grease? I don't want to use any of mine!

Does your car have the stainless steel fuel rail installed under the recall? If so, that wire is the old ground wire. When doing the recall it is faster and easier to just cut it rather than remove it and so they did.

Don't know if it's stainless. If it had the recall done, it had to be before we bought the car. A magnet does not stick to the fuel rail. How do i tell if it's stainless?

It's either stainless steel (silver) or black nylon. Pretty easy to tell the difference. If it is black nylon, get thee to a Cadillac dealer pronto. There should be no expiration date on a recall.

Okay, it's the stainless line, it's steel. I didn't know the OEM line was Nylon. Back to the ground wire;

So if i have the updated rail, this ground wire is not needed?

Thanks everyone. One thing marked off the list.

Archived