CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 seville transmission problems

don280z

When I start up the car (cold) and go into Reverse, the transmission seems to slip quite a bit right away.

I have to rev the engine to 2000 RPM to get the car to move....

After the engine (transmission) warms up, it is all OK...

What is going on???

Until you figure the problem out, I wouldn't rev the engine like that, you may cause more problems burning the clutches. Check the fluid maybe its low and when the fluid is warm it expands and the level is adequate then. Did you find any codes?

My old chevy used to do that in the winter. It needed the trans fluid drained and replaced, and the filter replaced and that solved the problem.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I with Marika, get as much fluid out as you can, if I am not mistaken you can get more fluid out if you remove the side cover, but maybe someone will confirm that for you... Don't delay if you can help it. Mike

Archived