CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 ESCALADE TRACTION ACTIVE DISPLAY

JUST ASKING TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME ABOUT THERE EXPERIENCE TO FIX THIS BEZARE OCCURENCE. WHEN I TAKE OFF THE DISPLAYS (TRACTION ACTIVE) AND I LOSE ACCELERATION FOR 5 OR SO SECONDS THEN IT ACCELERATES BACK TO NORMAL. I READ THAT WHEEL HUBS CAN CAUSE THIS. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Basically that is telling you that the PCM has detected a wheel spin and engaged the T/C. Not sure if you have the ability to pull the DTC's on the Escalade, but if so, do it. I suspect you may find w wheel speed sensor code.

THIS IS WHAT IDONT UNDERSTAND THE WHEELS ARE NOT SPINNING. ACCELERATING AT A STOP SIGN SLOWLY.

But if the sensor if faulty...and it "THINKS" the wheel is spinning...it will do the same thing.

Have you had any brake work done on it lately?

If so...they may have caused one of the sensors to not be plugged in good.

Posted Image

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

idk if this is a new forum website but its not that big there is a much better forum website called cadillacforums.com/forums they can tell you basically everything you wanna know about caddys and no im not someone that goes around and trys to get ppl to join the site i was just looking for another forum website and found this one but its not that good sorry whoever made it or runs it

Archived