CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Ride Control

yenko

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, I don't have that option so I am not positive but I seem to recall others say the struts are around $800 each. I think they can be had for $400-$500 from gmpartsdirect.com. If you can do the install yourself you obviously can save a bunch more. I'm sure someone with personall experience will chime in.

Yenko, if your shocks/struts on your '93 need replacing (which would be about right by now), there is a much more cost effective option than those expensive factory 'active' units. Two companies that I know of make a passive replacement system that works very well. They are Arnott inc., and Boston Suspension. I recently replaced all four on my '93 STS with the kit from Arnott, for 579.00$. The result has been a remarkable increase in ride quality and handling. The Arnott set also come with plugs that "cheat" the computer, and eliminate any further messages. The total labor involved was four or five hours, so you can translate that into shop labor time, depending on you region. I would guess that the labor might go 350-400 bucks. That would end up cost you about a thousand dollars for a complete suspension overhaul. I might add that its a good idea to replace the front stabilizer bar end links and bushings, as long as you/they have the front end apart. It's a small cost, and will save you from funny noises and headaches later, as those parts will definately need replacement after ten years.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

So if i dont replace them will there be any problems i the future

Poor ride quality? Complaints from your passengers? Later, unstable unsafe handling in unexpected conditions? Those are all good reasons to change out the shocks on any vehicle when the time comes, and it sounds like it may have for your ten year old Cadillac.. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived