CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

iPod Integration - PA15-VETTE by USA SPEC

davedog

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while, but just wanted to drop in and tell you I have finally found a great way to integrate my iPod into my SRX and keep the factory Radio! This thing also gives you a AUX-In to hook up any type of mp3 player or any other audio you might want to input. Also, if you are using an iPod with it, you can use all the factory controls on the radio and steering wheel to change the track, etc. AND it displays track info on the head unit. ANYWAY, I am in no way affiliated with USA SPEC - I just wanted to post this as when I was first looking into the device there was not a whole lot of info on the web about people who had actually installed one. I've also made a couple videos. Feel free to ask any questions via this thread you might have about this device.

PA15-VETTE Installation:

PA15-VETTE Review/How to use:

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

That's good news; thanks for posting. I don't ipod but my main passenger does and would appreciate this.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 7 months later...

Well thats a very to the point description in the install, My question is my SRX is a 2004 with the Double din touch screen with nav, I discoverd that mine has no Sat. Im hoping its prewired or do I still need sat radio? the srx in your video radio is different. I orderd the PA15-vette and I hope it works on mine, do you know?

According to USA Spec's website: "Vehicles must have XM or be pre-wired for XM."

The PA-15 works by tapping into the XM Wiring harness and taking over one of the XM bands. So at the very least you must be pre-wired for XM, and even then I'd guess you'd have to make a trip to the dealer to have them enable XM in the headunit to get it to talk to the PA-15? Not sure. Sounds like you already ordered it, but if not, use my video to pull that rear panel out and see if you are pre-wired for XM.

Let us know how you make out with your setup, so it will help others with your config.

-dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I have bad news, I have spent about an hour taking my SRX apart to check for XM pre-wireing and it dosent have it. What kind of mess is this? this car has verything but XM. Being that said, I've orderd and now have the USA spec Item and its totally useless to me.

I really hate the radio, cant stand FM-mods,and Cds, I have a pioneer AVH-4300dvd which is a double din touch screen from my Yukon Denili Xl and I could install it in the SRX but I would lose my Information center and Nav, OMG!! the is driving me nuts, I so used to No Cds, radio top 40s, just my I pod! doese anyone out there have a light at the end for the tunnel?

Ok, this is what I found out, I need to find a tech 2 programmer to Enable my radio to see an xm signal, once this is done we should be able to get an XM icon on the band. I should be able to connect my PA15 into the back of the factory deck, wish me luck.

I have seen one case where someone retained the DIC (Driver Information Center), and added a lot of other stuff to the factory setup. You really have to know your stuff as far as fabrication & board level electronics goes though. Interesting setup though:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mattbai/

Sorry the PA15 didn't work out for you. It is a great piece of equipment, but you do need to have XM wiring. Wonder if you could add the harness for the XM module.....I'm sure the radio has the plug in for it....or maybe the plug the PA15 in back of the head unit?

*edit, was in the middle of typing this and saw your responce....lol.....

let us know what happens! I don't see why that wouldn't work if the plug is the same.

-dave

Well this morning I decided to try to take my OEM head unit out and see whats behind it, it was little diff,some odd reason the bottom of the clime-control woulnt let go, I some have broke my ashtray stop doing this but another dead end, their was no extra plug in for XM, in fact it intergrated into the main data bus harness :fighting0025: Wow!!!! Im thinking that this car has to be pre-wired with the same harnesses, But where is the molex back there? I didnt see it. somtimes they are tucked away and somtimes they are just hanging out where the tuner should go. Ive been an Pro Installer for over 20yrs, Seen some really odd and faced some difficult stuff!!!!! WTF lol, excues my french lol, So any way as I look at the back of the deck to see no plug in, Guess what I found intead? It looked like a Pioneer IP-Bus!!! What tha!!! OMG!!! its going from the cd changer to the head unit. Well-Well. I just so happin to have a pioneer CD-IB100 II I-Pod interfce. so I ran the my wall of stuff, got the box and was ready to try it out. Well another brick wall!!!! the IP-bus plug look very close but not the same. Are you Kidding???? this is driving me nuts!!!! back to the drawing board. MY WIFE DONT EVEN LIKE FM-MODS!!! :bsmeter: well I gave it some thought, Im going to remove the cd changer from under the double din and replace it with the pioneer double din but wire it indepently, I can leave the OEM system in and leave the center speaker in and the chime for on star and Nav. Run RCAs from the deck to a 4 channel amp and an amp for the sub, this way I will still have my OEM deck with all the functions and have an after market DvD system with I pod direct connect. I just have to fig out my steering wheel controls.I just have to fab the dash lil bit.

Wow, sounds neat. Please post pics/instructions/tips when you finish - I'm sure many others will be interested!

• 2 years later...

Archived