CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Rotors

ByStorm

Men and Women, I will be in the market for new rotors shortly and will be getting the ceramic pads (of course) but, I would like to know the concensus of the board on drill, slotted or both for a rotors for my 2001 STS.

I do not put my car on a track or anything. I just want low or no brake dust and improved stopping ability.

Thanks folks. B)

ByStorm

I have been incredibly happy with my drilled:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/rotors.html

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go both, or slotted...just to try something different. I heard slotted will really eat pads though, which is why I went drilled. Excellent pad life, no cracking, and NO PULSATING! Thumbs up man.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'm curious as to how many miles you have on your present rotors.

I have 77k on my 2000 and still have the original pads and rotors. That's a lot better than I ever did on my 93 STS. Apparently the bigger brakes help.

"You doesn't have to call us men and women"; you can call us Ladies and Gentlemen! :rolleyes:

I have been incredibly happy with my drilled:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/rotors.html

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go both, or slotted...just to try something different.  I heard slotted will really eat pads though, which is why I went drilled.  Excellent pad life, no cracking, and NO PULSATING!  Thumbs up man.

I love the looks of those drilled rotors Jason! After talking about it for months, I am finally getting around to doing that on my existing set tomorrow! Because they are practically new, I couldn't see trashing them just yet... :lol:

I'll post some pics of them soon, maybe even some of them being machined on the CNC mill. B) Got them turned today, and painted up my calipers real nice with POR 20 paint. Thanks again for your help as I used your posts and pictures as a guide! ^_^

Phat Albert, do you have the Power Stop rotors as well? If not, what kind do you have, and what is the drilled pattern like?

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I went with costom drilled and slotted rotors (all 4) last month, I will openly admit I am brutal on my brakes and have warpped 2 sets of stoock rotors in 30K/mi, the new ones have been on for about 5k/mi, they are so much better when pushing it hard....consistency from several high speed stops is great, inital bite in is near perfect, for the $500 I spent I am more then satisfied (pics avail on request)

for every $10 you spend to go faster, spend $2 for handleing and braking...cheap investments that will save your life.

TR

I will openly admit I am brutal on my brakes and have warpped 2 sets of stoock rotors in 30K/mi, the new ones have been on for about 5k/mi, they are so much better when pushing it hard.

The OE rotors on mine would need turning about every 20-25k miles. And neither I nor my mother are hard on them either...they were just that bad. And this is with the large brakes (11.9"). I've put close to 50k miles on the drilled rotors and stopping is still straight and true, with no change in driving habits. I'm a believer.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived