CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 cadillac eldorado codes

steveo412

hows it going guys,,,my 94 been acting funny,,its been shaking around 50 and it kinda fells like its leaning towards the driver side as weird as that sounds,so i pulled my codes,,,and i couldnt believe how many codes ,can anyone help me understand some of these,,im geting PO13,PO67,PO74,PO95,P109,P137,,,IO32,I052,,,AD47,,,S044,S062,S072,S073,,,,any help would be nice,,,thanks steve

thanks ranger,,i was reading over them and dont know what half of them mean,,P013 (E013) .......................................... Right Oxygen Sensor Not Ready

P074 (E074) ................................................ Intermittent MAT Signal

P109 (E109) ....... Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Reset/PCM has lost primary battery power

I052 ....................................................... Keep Alive Memory Error

S044 ..................................................... Lift or Dive Signal Fault

S062 ............................................... Left Rear Position Sensor Fault

S063 .............................................. Right Rear Position Sensor Fault

S073 ................................................ Right Rear Accelerometer Fault

could any of these codes make the car idel high?should i take the neg battery off for a few mins and see what codes come back after i clear them,,,cause the car has been pulling and its hard to stop,,,some times i have to put the car in netrul to stop right,,any help would be good thanks

You first need to check into the O2 sensor problem then the MAP, those will cause idle problems

Then you need to look into your ISC motor to be sure it is retracting and not clicking when you shut your engine off

Then Clean your throttle body throat and blade to make sure it is fully closing and not being held open by carbon buildup

There is PLENTY of information here in the archives use the search with key words from what I have mentioned above... also search for your codes, years worth of information

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

... its hard to stop,,,some times i have to put the car in netrul to stop right...

You should definitely not drive the car until you get the breaks in order! Or are the breaks fine, and the car hard to stop because the idle speed of the engine is so high that it pulls the car forward even when you let off the gas? In that case, be careful not to overheat your transmission at stops (shifting into gear with increased idling RPMs is also not very good for it). Also, be careful not to overheat the breaks - it will feel like someone oiled your breaks if they get too hot. Just some words of caution... Driving a car that is hard to stop sounds dangerous. Sorry I cannot help you with fixing it, but you got some advice from BodybyFisher. Good luck!

thanks guys,,the car was revin high,sometimes it would act normal,,your right my breaks felt real mushie cause of the high rev,which was about alittle over the 1,,the good news is,,i removed the neg from the battery for a few mins and now it idels fine and drives fine and my ac started to work again weird?

P013 (E013) .......................................... Right Oxygen Sensor Not Ready

My guess would be a bad O2 sensor.

P074 (E074) ................................................ Intermittent MAT Signal

I would venture a guess that this one could cause a high idle. If the MAT (Manifold Air Temperature) sensor is intermittent, then the PCM substitutes a standard temperature and I think it is rather low, like 30 or 40 degrees to keep the engine running, probably at a higher idle, but better than a stall.

thanks ranger your the man,,,thanks to bobby to hes allways helping,,im gonna get the o2 today,i gotta get the car inspected this month,i will have them look at the mat sensor,,the thing im confused about is why the ac started to work again after i took the neg off the battery,,did the computer reset it self?and thats why,,anyway im glad to have my ac back,,,thanks again guys,,this site is the best!!!!!!!

thanks ranger your the man,,,thanks to bobby to hes allways helping,,im gonna get the o2 today,i gotta get the car inspected this month,i will have them look at the mat sensor,,the thing im confused about is why the ac started to work again after i took the neg off the battery,,did the computer reset it self?and thats why,,anyway im glad to have my ac back,,,thanks again guys,,this site is the best!!!!!!!

Most likely. When you pull battery power, you clear all the codes. If you had a low refrigerant code it would disable the compressor. If that was the case and you did not add refrigerant, expect it to be disabled again.

Archived