CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can anyone please help!!!! Iam a first time Caddy owner and a new member to this site. My a/c on the driver just started getting warm here lately. When the car accelerates the a/c starts to cool down but not much. The passenger side is always cool but not like it used to be either. With a set of manifold gauges the low side is about 30 and the high side is about 50 while running with outside temp about 90 degrees. I checked the two damper doors on pass side under dash which operate when you change the toggle cool and warmer settings. I did find a hole in a vacuum line that corrected a big problem that only blew air out of the defrost. This has been ongoing for a month and just today a code popped up that read acm b1314 which I believe is the sensor on high side infront of pass side. Two cans of 134a have been added and still no cold air. Lastely the low side lines do feel cold with condensate on them but I am at a loss. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP IAM A HUGE DO IT YOURSELFER

B1314 - Evaporator Inlet Temp Sensor Open Circuit

Is the code CURRENT or HISORY? If it is current, then the issue is a bad temp. sensor. It is the sensor that is on the smaller A/C line that leads into the evaporator at the passenger side of the car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Warm on the drivers side is usually a symptom of low refrigerant on a dual zone system and 50 psi on the high side is REALLY low. Should be closer to 200-225. If that does not help, I'm guessing a bad compressor. What say you Kevin?

B1314 - Evaporator Inlet Temp Sensor Open Circuit

Is the code CURRENT or HISORY? If it is current, then the issue is a bad temp. sensor. It is the sensor that is on the smaller A/C line that leads into the evaporator at the passenger side of the car.

You all are great thank you for the info I will check this weekend and see what I figure out.

Warm on the drivers side is usually a symptom of low refrigerant on a dual zone system and 50 psi on the high side is REALLY low. Should be closer to 200-225. If that does not help, I'm guessing a bad compressor. What say you Kevin?

If 50 psi is the operating pressure on the high side, the system is extremely low on refrigerant. Most likely due to a leak. I wouldn't condemn the compressor at this point. He needs to locate the leak source. 50 psi static pressure would indicate the system is low on refrigerant.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Since he had 30 on the low side and 50 on the high side I would assume it was running pressures.

yes you are correct that is running temp

Since he had 30 on the low side and 50 on the high side I would assume it was running pressures.

yes you are correct that is running pressure

Based on those readings, the system is almost empty. Have you located the source of the refrigerant leak?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived