CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Yep, Recall,l Fuel Rail

Went to the GM Dealer today to see if there are any recalls that need to be done for my 1995 Eldorado to be Canadian Certified and it brought up the Fuel Rail. As I suspected, the Service Manager was dumbfounded to learn of such a recall (as if its his job to know about these things <_< ). He said that it may be only a recall for the US and that it may not needed in Canada. He calls over to the Parts section and again, dumbfounded. Anyone else come across something like this, I mean the fuel rail recall, not the DUMBfounded employees? :lol:<_<. Yea, I'm feeling a bit bitter today :angry: .

Spence

If you call Cadillac directly and give them the serial number of the car, they should know if it's under recall. If the car is under recall, tell Cadillac the car is in Canada and where should you take it to get the recalled work performed.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I had a leaking rail and went to dealer, I took along a printout of the recall notice from National Higheway Safety Board. I showed this to the dealer and he said heknew nothing of the recall, but would check with the Zone rep. I called back around 3 PM to check on the status of the repair and the dealer said it was ready to pick up. No charge and the dealer said I would get a recall for the stainless steel rail, They replaced it with a new Nylon one. If you have a leaking rail, it's a bomb waiting to explode!!

I understand this recall is for all vehicles with the nylon fuel rail.

I had a leaking rail and went to dealer, I took along a printout of the recall notice from National Higheway Safety Board. I showed this to the dealer and he said heknew nothing of the recall, but would check with the Zone rep. I called back around 3 PM to check on the status of the repair and the dealer said it was ready to pick up. No charge and the dealer said I would get a recall for the stainless steel rail, They replaced it with a new Nylon one. If you have a leaking rail, it's a bomb waiting to explode!!

I understand this recall is for all vehicles with the nylon fuel rail.

The recall is for '95 - '97. '95's are current. '96 recall letters are going out Sept. 1. "97 recall letters are going out about Oct. 1.

UPDATE!!!

The service manager called me yesterday and said that I need to bring the car down for him to look at some numbers on the fuel rail to see if the recall needs to be done. He says if it has one kind, it will not need to be changed, but if it has another kind, it will need to be changed.

I would figure though if GM says that my VIN has a recall on the car, how would the service manager be able to override that by looking at which one it has? I'll keep ya posted :blink: .

Spence

I would figure though if GM says that my VIN has a recall on the car, how would the service manager be able to override that by looking at which one it has? I'll keep ya posted :blink: .

Spence

All before '95 are not part of the fuel rail recall. I assume the fuel rail changed in '95 to the defective variety.

Since yours is a '95, it maybe depends on when it was built. if it was an early '95 it may have the '94 fuel rail and not require the update.

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

All before '95 are not part of the fuel rail recall. I assume the fuel rail changed in '95 to the defective variety.

Since yours is a '95, it maybe depends on when it was built. if it was an early '95 it may have the '94 fuel rail and not require the update.

Ahhhh IC IC, I'm taking the car to the dealer only moments after writing this post. Will report what they find.

BTW, the service manager said my car is a "Special Events Car" which came up with the VIN which means I have gold emblems...least he knew that :P "

Spence

I think the reason the pre '95's are not in the recall is that the fuel rail is inside the manifold, correct? They probably will leak just as easy but they are not a fire hazard so GM will let you foot the bill.

Well here's the latest, get to the dealer and the service manager delagates the job of looking at the rail to another tech. The guy comes out, takes the Northstar cover off of the engine, looks at the rails, and says, "I don't know which one is which, I'll just order you the recall parts."

Now, will these recall parts fit on a car that does not need the recall. I am still unsure if my car really needs it or not. BTW I looked at the date it was manufactured and it was 2/95. Do I let them go ahead with the recall. I really have no choice because I need the car to be Canadian Certified and be free of all recalls. THEY'VE GOT A GUN TO MY HEAD :lol::( .

Spence

If you have nylon fuel rails, and I'm sure you do, let them put the stainless steel rails on. I am pretty sure the rails for '95 on up (at least the '95 - '97 which are recalled) are all the same so I'm pretty sure they will fit.

If you have nylon fuel rails, and I'm sure you do, let them put the stainless steel rails on. I am pretty sure the rails for '95 on up (at least the '95 - '97 which are recalled) are all the same so I'm pretty sure they will fit.

Sweet deals, thanks, he said they have to order the parts from the States so its gonna be a couple days. I sure hope these guys know what they're doing :unsure: . They had said that it is a U.S. recall and that these fuel rails were not recalled in Canada. Is that a government problem that did not recall them or is it GM Canada that did not recall them?

Spence

Archived