CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 STS4

rek

I'll thank my Insurance company for the motivation to reduce the number of "Toys" in my car stable. I opted for automatic premium deduction from my checking account, some time ago. The "Carrot" was a slight reduction in premium costs. The "Slight" reduction is GONE. They have been increasing my fee, ever so slightly, for some time. I never noticed...Wife does the "Paper Work". No excuse for me though, I should have watched the numbers.

We decided to reduce the "Stable" and sell the '96 Eldorado (Sold...4K), the 56K mile '92 Riviera "Winter Beater" (Sale Pending), and the '97 Riviera.

Enter the "New" Winter Beater...2006 STS4 (AWD)

Infrared color, Navagation, Infotainment system (15 speaker deluxe) Memory package, Eucalyptus wood trim, Voice Recognition, Moon Roof, Soft Ride, Computer Select Susp., Bla Bla Bla.

The car is fun to drive. Handles nice. Push Button Start. The Voice Recognition is OK, as long as you remember the specific commands. Early on, I commanded "Air Conditioning Cooler" (Improper Command)...The "Lady" responded "Your Defroster is now on", it turned on, I responded, "A**H***", the "Lady" responded "Command not recognized"...

All in all, a nice toy.

rek

I'll thank my Insurance company for the motivation to reduce the number of "Toys" in my car stable. I opted for automatic premium deduction from my checking account, some time ago. The "Carrot" was a slight reduction in premium costs. The "Slight" reduction is GONE. They have been increasing my fee, ever so slightly, for some time. I never noticed...Wife does the "Paper Work". No excuse for me though, I should have watched the numbers.

We decided to reduce the "Stable" and sell the '96 Eldorado (Sold...4K), the 56K mile '92 Riviera "Winter Beater" (Sale Pending), and the '97 Riviera.

Enter the "New" Winter Beater...2006 STS4 (AWD)

Infrared color, Navagation, Infotainment system (15 speaker deluxe) Memory package, Eucalyptus wood trim, Voice Recognition, Moon Roof, Soft Ride, Computer Select Susp., Bla Bla Bla.

The car is fun to drive. Handles nice. Push Button Start. The Voice Recognition is OK, as long as you remember the specific commands. Early on, I commanded "Air Conditioning Cooler" (Improper Command)...The "Lady" responded "Your Defroster is now on", it turned on, I responded, "A**H***", the "Lady" responded "Command not recognized"...

All in all, a nice toy.

Very good.

I like the voice recognition on my DTS...but it don't like my thick Texas accent.

Me and the lady in the dash, go round and round sometimes.. :D :D

Posted Image

Archived