CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2 Texas auto insurers top complaints list, face investigation

If you get hit by someone with one of these insurance companies, just go ahead and get ready to sue:

2 Texas auto insurers top complaints list, face investigation

By TERRENCE STUTZ / The Dallas Morning News

tstutz@dallasnews.com

AUSTIN — Larry Randall was one of thousands of Texas drivers in accidents last year that weren’t their fault. But unlike many, the Richardson engineer’s problems were just beginning after the collision.

The driver who sideswiped his 2006 Chrysler Sebring and forced him off the road in May 2009 had a policy with an insurer that Randall later discovered was among the worst in handling claims.

That company, Loya Insurance, initially balked at assuming responsibility for its policyholder — who tried to flee the scene — and then said it would pay just $270 for damages and expenses that Randall estimated were nearly $1,700.

Read More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/061510dntexautoinsure.a3e78cdd.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

For nearly 20 years I had New Jersey CURE but they started going crazy raising rates. In the beginning, they only accepted a driver if you had a PERFECT driving record, no accidents, no tickets. Suddenly, starting a few years ago, they started to not only accept drivers with at fault accidents and moving violations, they started to offer accident forgiveness!! Naturally, this would make everyone's insurance rates climb, and climb they did. I saw my insurance premiums go from about $900/year all the way up to $1,700/year and I have no accidents and no tickets....LOL!!

I had finally had enough and started shopping around. Having spent 8 years in the US Navy Reserves and having an honorable discharge really helps. I signed up for insurance with USAA and my premium is about $840/year with better coverage than I had with New Jersey CURE.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I recently got my 25 year sticker from USAA; they have been great so far. I also do my banking there.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived