CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Comparing the 2008 Cadillac STS-V and the 2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan

I have been shopping for a nice, low mile 2008 Cadillac STS-V.   After test driving a new 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium Model, it struck me that a 2009 Cadillac CTS Premium Collection might be a terrific car for me, in that it captures all the cool features in the current Cadillacs, almost fits my budget, [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, the research you are doing is commendable! Although the STS-V has more features, for me, the fantastic styling of the CTS Premium Package trumps those features. It really comes down to personal preference, and both vehicles are excellent choices. I really enjoy driving my White Diamond and Cashmere 2008 CTS-4 with the Premium Package and FE-2 suspension set-up. The handling and ergonomics are superb, and every week it receives compliments from strangers wherever I take it. Keep us posted on your search and final decision. Good luck and happy car shopping!

If I were buying a new car, I wouldn't have one without bluetooth. In California, you have to use it or face a ticket. And I think within a few years most states will have similar laws. I am able to use a Bluestar package in my ETC, which is lucky. Add-on bluetooths disturb the otherwise classy Cadillac interior, and I'd hate to have to put one in a car.

Eldorado1: I agree; no bad choices. You captured the essence of the issue though -- the CTS seems fresher than the STS-V in many ways in person. The huge power advantage of the STS-V in flat out acceleration makes the trade versus MPG & styling hard. Obviously a 2009 CTS-V would be the right call, but I don't think prices will fall to what I want to pay by the time I want to get my next Cadillac.

Coolness: I like bluetooth integration of the cell phone. Both models offer this feature in the configurations I am shopping (across the CTS family in 2010+). It is not something I have played with a lot, but seems a very desirable feature

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived