CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wiper Arm Problem

AaronM

Hi,

I was driving my car today and it started to rain. I turned on the wipers and everything was fine. Then I noticed the wiper on the driver side moved to the left more and more each swipe. Then, it finally went so far to the left, it flopped off the windshield and then returned to it. I turned off the wipers and the passenger side wiper went back to the original position, but the driver side wiper that flopped off the side returned right in the middle of the windshield. I stopped the car and pushed the wiper back down to where it was suppose to be. I then turned on the wipers again and it did the same thing. The wiper arm moves to the left more with each swipe. Does anyone know what the problem might be. My dad said he will take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Aaron :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Sounds like your driver side wiper arm is loose. Try tightening the wiper arm. Lift the cap off where the blade connects to the shaft and tighten the nut...but you may want to 1st take off the blades and turn your your wipers on, then off to realign them, then put them back on with the blades at the down, rested position. Hope that helps!

;) The wiper arm is stripped on the post, no biggie if tightning the bolt dosent help just put a washer under it (the bolt) and retorque. I left mine on it snowed started the car the next day and stripped em both! this fix has lasted a year

Good Luck Joe :)

Thanks!

I that must be the problem! This winter, I went out in the car to start it up just for fun. Then, for some stupid reason, I turned on the wipers when there was probably a foot of snow on top of her. I must have stripped them. :rolleyes:

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

My wiper blade on the driver side did the same thing. Both splines on the shaft and the blade were badly damaged. I had the darnest time getting the plastic cover off the wiper blade arm just to get at the nut. I used a two part epoxy mix on the shaft and a multi sided lock nut washer under the nut. It's worked fine now for several years.

Then I noticed the wiper on the driver side moved to the left more and more each swipe

AaronM,

Cadillacs do it to new drivers all the time... You just should have waited untill the wiper wiped up all the driver side windows, the back window an returned to its original position. It would never do it again. :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Adallak-HAHA! You are too funny!

Thanks everyone for the replies! I am going to take a look at it tomorrow. It is really cold today. It is August and it is only 56 degrees, brrrrr!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies! I went out and checked the wiper arm bolt, and all it needed was a little turn to tighten it up. Now it all works perfect, whew B).

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Archived